Pink girl and Bridget
This litter is amazing, so vigorous and easy. And Bridget is such a good mama, and more relaxed this time around. This morning, she spent a long time outside taking a break from motherhood. Most of the pups have gained 5-7 oz since birth. The exception is big black boy who has gained over 8 oz and weighs in at 1 lb 12 oz. Most of the girls weigh 1 lb 5 oz, and the boys are a bit bigger. I am thrilled with how uniformly all the pups are gaining weight. We continue to provide the smaller pups with private nursing sessions. Purple girl was the smallest pup this morning, so she now gets a prime spot at the milk bar. Bridget is currently eating 6 1/2 cups of high calorie kibble + some extra goodies like hard boiled egg and chicken. I plan to bump her up to 7 cups this weekend. Her milk production has picked up a little, and the pups still seem content. The pups had absolutely no problem adjusting to the big puppy pool. They are motoring around like much older pups. I haven't had to "rescue" any of these pups from behind or under Bridget, or lost across the pool. This morning I caught Blue boy sleeping on top of Bridget's abdomen (she was on her side), but by the time I got my camera, he had moved down off the mountain. I am continuing to do BioSensor exercises every evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment