Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lots of changes

The pupsters are turning into little dogs.  This morning for the first time, I saw some of them react to sound, so their ear canals are opening.  They are interacting with each other, pawing, mouth wrestling, etc.  Their vocalizations have expanded, still lots of puppy mewing, but also the wonderful puppy trill, and more adult like yips and growls.  The pups had their first taste of canned food this weekend, and gave it four paws up.  They are up to 1 tsp 3x daily and I will be increasing the amount gradually to prepare them for their introduction to soaked kibble this weekend.  Sunday night, the pups were fussy, so on Monday night, I gave them a bedtime bottle (and had a much quieter night).  Most of the pups took to the bottle immediately (lots of milk FAST), but the two big boys thought twice.  Odin took a bit of coaxing, and Zeus took two attempts.  The pups are rapidly outgrowing the puppy pool, and I have caught Zeus looking over the edge.  When people are home, the pups are spending more and more time in the puppy pen, and getting lots of practice being put in the litter box.  I have already had to change the litter box once.  Time to go get the evening bottle ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment