Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 2

Bridget and the pups are doing well.  The pups are already scooching around the little plastic wading pool and easily finding their way back to mom and the puppy pack.  Bridget's milk production hasn't caught up with demand, and the boys appear to be getting more than their fair share of the milk.  So we have started giving the girls private nursing sessions, while the boys get to have a long nap in the holding basket.  I will be doing daily weighing for the next 1-2 weeks to make sure everyone is getting enough chow.  Although a big robust litter, there was a 6 oz spread in weights at birth, which is a lot.  Today, Bridget polished off 6 cups of food today, which should help with milk production.  This evening, I started the BioSensor early neurological stimulation exercises.  More info at:  http://www.angelfire.com/ca/curlycr/2001pups2a.html  For only being 2 days old, these pups are amazing strong and squirmy, especially the big black boy.  When I rolled over the black girl, I was surprised to see that she had two white spots on her chest.  I had been checking for white markings, but hadn't seen any yet.  Bridget has white markings (considered a color fault in Goldens, but we don't care!) and one of the black pups in her first litter had a white spot on his chest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment